Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's cooking?


I've been on a bit of a culinary tear lately. Can't say that I've been doing much cooking myself, but I have been bookmarking, daydreaming and salivating over many a good cooking blog.

We've had a house guest since the 21st of January and I did make a pretty mean meatloaf one night, chicken parmesan another (but forgot the spaghetti!), and I tried these Spicy Chicken Nuggets on Monday night. They were yum! I think the marinade (1/4 c. dark rum, 1/4 c. lime juice, 1/4 c. soy sauce and 2 tbs. sugar would be awesome on steak or grilled chicken).

Lately, I've found it's easier to avoid conversation if I bury my nose in a book or my laptop, than to try and knit in my free time and so I am getting behind on productivity. I need to get on it though, my aunt has requested another pair of wrist warmers and they won't be so useful if I wait til June to make them!

As for my creative outlet, my wonderful and very missed friend Rach sent me a set of LOLmagnetz and so I've been spending my down time at work futzing with those. Yay magnetic LOLpoetry!

No comments: