Monday, September 28, 2009

Wrapped up in chains

Baking 006

Finally found the wire I've been looking for (kind of) at Joann's. They only have three different gauges and, of course, not 21g, which I needed, but I made due with 20g copper core silver wire. It's much easier to work with than the stuff we picked up at the hardware store and it's prettier too! I made the King's Mail Bracelet from Chain Mail Jewelery. It was a lot of fun making this piece, mostly because it didn't kill my wrists and hands, turning and cutting the wire and because once you get going with it, it's really neat to see how the rings lie against one and other.

I sort of made this for Nick, although I'm not sure he'll ever wear it, and I wouldn't blame him if he doesnt. It's fun to play with, it looks neat, and I'm satisfied with the experience. I only wish I could figure out how to not make the edges of the wire so rough. I tried squeezing them with my pliers and it worked on most of the rings, but it's really hard to get them right. Maybe sanding or something?

Baking 014

Just like the picture, huh? :) I think I will try something delicate next, like the Diamond Earrings next. I have a feeling it will be trickier, but even more worthwhile!

No comments: