Friday, April 9, 2010

StrengthsFinder 2.0

So, I just took a personality test thing for figuring out how to maximize your strengths. I read through the possible characteristics before I took the test and kind of tried to guess at which I thought I would get. I have to admit, I was really surprised by the results. I'm not sure I 100% agree with all of them, but there are helpful suggestions for each and I can see how all of them can help me strengthen my skills. Anyway... here are my results:

Below are my top five themes of talent, ranked in the order revealed by my responses to the Clifton StrengthsFinder.

How well do you think these themes describe me?

Maximizer

People who are especially talented in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.


Adaptability

People who are especially talented in the Adaptability theme prefer to “go with the flow.” They tend to be “now” people who take things as they come and discover the future one day at a time.


Communication

People who are especially talented in the Communication theme generally find it easy to put their thoughts into words. They are good conversationalists and presenters.


Input

People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.


Responsibility

People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.


To learn more about the Clifton StrengthsFinder and how you can discover your top five themes, visit http://strengths.gallup.com

No comments: