Monday, August 4, 2008

Beady little eyes?

I never took much to beading. I thought I might when I was in my early teens, but I was never very satisfied with what I turned out. As a result, I have a pretty little collection of beads and hardware, which have been sitting in a box for 10+ years. Last weekend, the boyfriend asked me if I wanted to go to Joann's as payback for "dragging" me to the aquarium store. Joann's (always dangerous) had a 40% off sale on all of their beading products and now I am giving it another shot. It's a nice change of pace from knitting and it really requires a lot more planning and creativity. There are lots of things I want to try, but here's what I've done so far....


crafty 017
Some green ringy earrings.

crafty 015
I made this bracelet last summer, but I wasn't happy with the end product, so I added another strand of beads and entwined them. I like it a lot better now, but it's harder to clasp. You live, you learn.

crafty 010
Happy set!

crafty 003
Some more green earrings. I really like these. Keeping it simple works sometimes.

crafty 001
This actually matches the green earrings above. It's hard to tell in this lighting, but I liked the effect. Trying to stick with an "electrical" theme - get it? Lamps? Cords? Outlet? Current? Maybe it's a stretch :)

No comments: