- How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship & Musical Theater, by Marc Acito
- This was one of those fun, feel-good stories that only got better with the guest appearance by Frank Sinatra at the end.
- Attack of the Theater People, by Marc Acito
- I pretty much had to read this, just because it was a sequel. I have to say, I enjoyed the first book more. I liked how the characters matured from the beginning of the first book to the second, but there was just more heart and more story in How I Paid for College.
- The Good Fairies of New York, by Martin Millar
- Sweet, hip and funny. I didn't get too attached to anyone in this story, in fact, I didn't really like any of the characters very much, but it was interesting to see how they interacted.
- Between the Bridge and the River, by Craig Ferguson
- A+++ Great Story
I haven't actually finished this one yet, but as far as summer reading goes, this one wins for me. There's a surprising amount of insight and poignancy for all the comedy and bizarre wanderings. I want to finish this book, but I need to savor it at the same time.
- Fear of Flying, by Erica Jong
- This is the selected book for the QSFT Book Club 2008 (established by me ;)). I'm only about 5 chapters in and it's interesting but not at the top of my list. I have to keep reminding myself of the era in which it was written. I understand the significance and womens lib and all that but it doesn't change the fact that I hate the "c-word" and it's overuse in this story.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Summer Reading List
Ok, so it's a little sparse. There's just NOT enough time in the day! At least I have a list - that's a step up from any time before June, when the only thing I read regularly were my feeds.